Gentle family dentistry is what we want to enjoy dental care at its finest. Furthermore, we all want to achieve the best oral health condition for the whole family. Bright Dental Group’s clinic at Glenmore Park offers general checkups and cleaning. Aside from that, they also provide quality dentistry at affordable prices.
Here we will discuss three of the most commonly heard types of dentistry. Additionally, we will differentiate them briefly to understand how each of them works in dental care. To begin with, we will start with general dentistry.
Every dentist needs to undergo education and training before they can apply what they have learned in actuality. Herewith, general dentistry aims to help patients maintain a healthy set of teeth for a brighter smile.
On the other hand, general dentists may have restrictions when it comes to age groups. There can be cases that they won’t accommodate patients under the age of 16. However, they can recommend you to the right dentist that can accommodate your dental needs.
General dentistry includes dental examinations, preventive dental care, fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges, and root canals. In some cases, some general dentists took specialization for a specific area in dentistry.Either way, every dental clinic no matter what specialty they have, should keep their rooms properly disinfected.
You can also refer to cosmetic dentistry as esthetic dentistry. This type of dentistry focuses on improving the appearance of your teeth and smile. Cosmetic dentistry includes whitening, reshaping, repairing, or replacing teeth to achieve an excellent teeth appearance.
This dentistry is usually for elective purposes only. However, it can still provide restoration benefits. Furthermore, cosmetic dentistry includes the following treatment options:
This cosmetic procedure allows you to resolve crooked teeth, cracked, damaged, or gaps between your teeth. Moreover, they look natural and realistic, wherein no one could quickly identify you have them on your teeth.
Dental implants can replace the teeth you’ve lost during an accident, extraction, or other oral issues. In actuality, dental implants are small titanium screws that your dentist will place into your jaw. Dental implants will then serve as the support for the crown. The dental team of ADCDubboDentist.com.au encourage patients with missing teeth to opt for implants for their restoration.
It helps repair decayed, damaged, or discolored teeth. In effect, it restores the original appearance of your teeth, especially their shape.
This aesthetic procedure is the most popular method several people are trying. It helps remove teeth stains and restores the natural color of the teeth. Patients can either do this at home or through the help of a professional dentist.
This treatment option protects a weak tooth or holds a cracked tooth together. As a result, it restores the size, shape, strength, and appearance of the affected tooth.
These are only a few. There could be more. Cosmetic dentistry allows you to achieve the perfect smile that you ever dreamed of. The procedures incorporated in this dentistry typically follow the lines of symmetry and harmony. As a result, you will achieve a natural-looking set of teeth.
With the help of cosmetic dentistry, you will no longer have to hide your teeth when you smile. Furthermore, you can confidently show them your brightest smile ever.
Gentle family dentistry
Family dentistry addresses oral health concerns covering all ages in life. Gentle family dentistry can cover all the dental needs of the whole family. For this reason, it would be easier on your end to set an appointment for one member or more.
On the other hand, family dentists have the same goal as those with general dentists. They even share almost the same array of treatment procedures in practice. However, their difference is that family dentists can focus on children’s unique needs, starting from their baby teeth.
For this reason, family dentists can even pass to becoming a pediatric dentist. Family dentists can recognize the fear of children for their dental visits. But then again, they know gentle approaches to make the situation turn around.
Generally speaking, we can say that gentle family dentistry can address every oral concern regardless of age group. You can entrust the whole family’s dental health to one family dentist only.
Benefits of family dentistry
Engaging your family with a dentist with a family dentistry practitioner offers a lot of benefits. With this in mind, it is essential to select the best dentist who will keep and improve your family’s overall oral health. Here are the benefits of having a lifelong family dentistry engagement.
- Working with a lifelong family dentist opens more opportunities to address and eliminate dental anxiety. Aside from that, a family dentist allows you to proceed with your dental checkups together. The presence of another family member helps the anxious patient to feel more at ease.
- Additionally, you can set one dental appointment for several family members. For this reason, you don’t have to leave work frequently to take each member to their dental appointments. A family dentist would love to secure the whole family’s dental needs.
- Another significant benefit of having a lifelong family dentist is familiarization. A family dentist would already know your family’s dental history. In effect, they can provide suitable treatment options based on each member’s medical history.
- Furthermore, you can build trust throughout a long time of working out your dental concerns with your family dentist. As a result, it would be easier to communicate and share your dental condition. In the end, your dentist can recommend the most appropriate treatment procedure for you.
- Gentle family dentistry also allows you to receive dental care consistently. It could even increase your confidence in your dentist.
- Furthermore, you can ensure that each member will receive the proper preventive dental care regardless of age. Prevention of oral issues will remain intact.
- For the most part, you will be at ease you have a dentist to go to if your family experiences oral emergency cases. You have a higher chance to meet them any time and book an immediate appointment.
Every dentist shares the same goal for their patients. That is to provide the best dental care for them. However, it is best to know how each of them works in their chosen specialties. As patients, we also have to know what type of dentist our oral issues need.
We may know we need teeth whitening or dental implants and many more, but we should also know who is the right dentist to do it. For this reason, a dentist who can address most of our family’s dental needs is undoubtedly our best choice.